Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Free Chore Charts - Try Something New

Using free chore charts is what we talk about all the time here. They are practical, customizable, and extremely flexible.

I've made the case before that chore charts can be fun, too.

But you gotta see this.

Chore Wars is a site that lets you treat chore chart usage like a video game. This is way fun. It's not for everyone - or every family - but it certainly can give you creative ideas for thinking outside the (chore) box when you are trying to get your family organized.

Always remember what the point to doing chores and chore charts is. Getting your kids in the habit of doing chores second nature will pay huge dividends when they are adults. It goes without saying that making the process fun is a good idea and using a free chore chart is only one way to go.

Personally, I found that I had to continually mix things up for the best results as I taught organizing skills to my kids. Hey, it kept me from getting bored, too.

So try something new this week in your home. Whether it's Chore Wars or simply a new reward chart, breathe some new life into your chores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you are wanting to accomplish with a chore chart.